Regardless of where you are in your career, SSTESOL membership offers paths and opportunities for all. Sunshine State TESOL of Florida provides educators access to professional development, resources, and interaction and to provide leadership and advocacy in language policy issues.
7 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection | Connect to a larger group of language professionals banded together to produce positive results for education in the greater South Florida area. You will have many opportunities to connect with professionals in our region, build contacts, share ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, and find opportunities for growth.
2. Annual Conference | Attend the annual SSTESOL Conference which provides quality educational and networking opportunities for language professionals. By registering for our annual conference, you automatically become a member of the SSTESOL community!
3. Volunteering & Leadership Opportunities| Are you in the area where this year's conference is being held? Email us! Volunteering is welcomed & encouraged! You can contribute by helping before, during, or after the SSTESOL conference. Interested in joining the board? You can nominate yourself or a colleague whenever nomination announcements go out. You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion.
4. Public Policy / Advocacy | Passionate about the public policies impacting language education? You can contribute to the strong SSTESOL advocacy efforts centered on assuring that the voices of language educators are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of language education issues under consideration by the State Legislature.
5. Resources | The association keeps members in touch with each other and on top of current issues through the association’s web site and listserv on emerging issues relevant to language education. Remain on top of relevant SSTESOL opportunities. Coming soon: Webinars, SSTESOL Press, Pre-conference Institutes, and more!
6. Awards | You can be recognized or nominate your colleagues for their achievements in language education. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
7. Empowerment | You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.
GET SOCIAL! BECOME AN SSTESOL MEMBER TODAY!
Become a member Today!
2019 Southeast Regional Conference
Full conference registration includes 2019 SSTESOL annual membership